Posts filed under ‘about’
I am looking for a contributor to write for Tech Help Videos. Expanding Tech Help Videos and providing more tips can not be done just by myself, I need a helper. So if you are interested, please email me at via Contact form or leave a comment with your name and website or blog address.
How good can this get? I am smiling and laughing while writing this post. The Google Pagerank checker on my Google Toolbar read 8! I can’t believe it and I have never dreamed of this happening, especially when a lot of famous blog’s PR are decreasing. If you don’t believe me, then take a look at the screenshot below. I also want to note that this blog is just 4 months old and previously.
My Pagerank may change again and go back to 5 but it is nice to capture the best moment!
I will be introducing a new category in Tech Help Videos called ‘Screenshot Gallery’. What it basically is a gallery of screenshots of a particular software or web service. Most likely, there will be a brief summary of the particular software and web service.
About one month ago, I introduced ‘Companion Guides’ which are aim to help you understand certain parts of technology and computing. I have had a huge success with that and have received many emails telling me how useful it was.
Here is a Companion Guide about Internet Security
- Security Guide Series: Intro – The risks and dangers
- Security Guide Series: How to protect your PC
- Security Suite Comparison
- Extra Protection and Freebies
Also, you may wish to email suggestions and topics on what I should written about.
In the previous post, I talked about Tech Help Videos getting a PageRank 5 in 3 months time. (This blog is only 3 months old) And what is more interesting is that I got a PR 5 in one go. Strategic Internet Marketing and a few other people emailed me to write a post about how I did this. So here is it is. But I am no John Chow so I am not an expert but here is what I did.
1) Quality content – Having high quality content is very important. If you do not have good content, then you will not have much traffic. This rule goes especially to blogs or sites that have a special purpose or a commercial website or blog. Also, others may link your post or blog about it if they really liked your post. If you have people linking your blog or your posts, then this is a very good sign.
2) No banner and text link ads – I do not sell any text link ads nor any banner ads on this site. Of course most people would like to make some money with a blog, but it will hurt your user experience a bit. However, if you arrange your ads in a very logical and clever way, it will be fine. Another reason why I do not have any ads is because I am running on the free WordPress platform. They do not allow me to have ads but I contacted WordPress and they said that they are working on an upgrade package to allow ads. However, even if I am allow to embed ads, I will not use them.
3) Controlled – Tech Help Videos is a very controlled site. I do not have any crazy looking thing sticking out in the sidebar nor does it have any disturbing things in the articles.
4) Commenting – I actually do comment a lot on other blogs. Some blogs that I comment on are:
However, I am NOT a guy who just sits in front of computer and comment all day. About 10 minutes a day will be fine. From my traffic status reports, I get traffic from the sites I comment on everyday.
[I will continue to improve and add to this article]
I checked my Google Pagerank and it read ‘5′. I was very surprised and and excited. Tech Help Videos is about three months old and to get a Pagerank of 5 is a great achievement. My next goal would be to either maintain this rank or increase it to 6.
Top bloggers get slapped in the face!
Unlike mine, many top bloggers got their Google Pagerank reduced. The top blogs include
John Chow dot com PR 6 to 4
Engadget PR 7 to 5
Quick Online Tips PR 6 to 3
It seems that the reason for this decrease is due the the blogs/sites selling text links. And this does make some sense. For a detailed article on why selling links can hurt your Pagerank, please click HERE. I don’t sell links, nor do I sell any ads. I want my readers to get the best possible user experience. That is without any annoying pop ups and without any kind of ads.
Update – There seems to be an error with Google Pagerank for some sites/blogs. Some blogs got their Pagerank decreased at first but back to normal now. The blogs that was affect by this error included:
Problogger – PR 6 to 4 PR 6
CopyBlogger – PR 6 to 3 PR 7
UPDATE – Becuase I haven’t updated this blog for a long time, the PR has dropped.
I have created a new toolbar for Tech Help Videos. The toolbar works for both Firefox and Internet Explorer Version 5+. You will be required to have Windows 2000 or XP or Vista.
The toolbar features:
- Search function powered by Google
- RSS Feed Updates
- Email Notifier
- Weather Updates
- Links to ‘Tech Help Videos’ and ‘Tech Centre’
- Messaging feature
- Customizable Widgets
This toolbar will allow you to get the latest tips and tricks from Tech Help Videos, received secret messages and tips, received email notifications, weather reports and forecast, quick access your favourite technology help website – Tech Help Videos! and customize your toolbar with widgets of your choice.
I would appreciate some feedback on this toolbar for version 1.1.
I apologize for the delay of Part 2 of Computing in the clouds guide. I have been very busy over the last two weeks and I will try to make it up. The second part of ‘Computing in the clouds’ will be published in the next two days and the third part will follow.
If you have any tips or computing tricks, please tell me via email. I will really appreciate it and might published it on Tech Help Videos and give you credit by linking you. This is a great way to get some free publicity and traffic to your site or blog (if you have one). Tech Help Videos is currently ranked 470,271 in Alexa (middle of October) and take into the account that the site is quite new. Unfortunately I am not accepting paid advertising now, but even better, you get linked for free if your tip is good.