Question: How do I empty the cache in Safari 3?
Answer: You can empty the cache and temp files in Safari 3 by doing the following:
1) Open Safari
2) In the menu bar, click on ‘Edit‘ and in the drop down menu, click on ‘Empty Cache‘
3) In the pop up dialog, click ‘Empty‘.
Or you can press ‘Ctrl + Alt + E‘
Google Reader is an fantastic RSS reader. It is easy to use and has some amazing features. But have you discovered that there are over 20 keyboard short-cuts that will enhance your Google reader experience? I don’t think so! Here are 27 great keyboard short-cuts.
|Navigation||Acting on items|
|j/k:||next/previous item||s:||star item|
|space:||next item or page||<Shift> + s:||share item|
|<Shift> + space:||previous item or page||v:||view original|
|n/p:||item scan down/up (list only)||t:||tag item|
|<Shift> + n/p:||next/previous subscription||m:||mark item as read/unread|
|<Shift> + x:||expand folder||o/enter:||expand/collapse item (list only)|
|<Shift> + o:||open subscription or folder||<Shift> + a:||mark all as read|
|g then h:||go home||r:||refresh|
|g then a:||go to all items||u:||toggle full screen mode|
|g then s:||go to starred items||1:||switch to expanded view|
|g then <Shift> + s:||go to shared items||2:||switch to list view|
|g then u:||open subscription selector||/:||move cursor to search box|
|g then t:||open tag selector|
|g then <Shift> + t:||open trends page|
I am looking for a contributor to write for Tech Help Videos. Expanding Tech Help Videos and providing more tips can not be done just by myself, I need a helper. So if you are interested, please email me at via Contact form or leave a comment with your name and website or blog address.
Question: How do I disable or block animated ads in Internet Explorer 7?
Answer: You can block animated ads in Internet Explorer 7 by doing th followiung:
1) Open Internet Explorer and click on ‘Tools‘
2) In the drop down menu, click ‘Internet Options‘
3) In the pop up window, select the ‘Advanced‘ tab
4) In the Settings scroll down menu, go to the Multimedia heading and then untick ‘Play Animations in webpages‘.
5) Click ‘Apply‘ and then ‘OK‘. Then restart Internet Explorer 7 for the change to take effect.
How good can this get? I am smiling and laughing while writing this post. The Google Pagerank checker on my Google Toolbar read 8! I can’t believe it and I have never dreamed of this happening, especially when a lot of famous blog’s PR are decreasing. If you don’t believe me, then take a look at the screenshot below. I also want to note that this blog is just 4 months old and previously.
My Pagerank may change again and go back to 5 but it is nice to capture the best moment!
Question: I want to have some searches saved so that the search will operate more faster. And how do I create a search folder?
Answer: You can find files faster by saving your most common searches. (This tip is for Vista users)
1) Go to the Index Search Explorer in Windows Vista by clicking ‘Start‘.
2) Create a search by typing your query in the search box at the bottom of the Start Menu. As you type, files from a variety of locations on your PC appear that match your text.
3) Once the search is completed, on the toolbar click ‘Save Search‘.
4) In the File name box, type a name for the search, and then click ‘Save‘. The search is saved in the Searches folders, which you can open by clicking the Searches link in the Navigation pane.
I will be introducing a new category in Tech Help Videos called ‘Screenshot Gallery’. What it basically is a gallery of screenshots of a particular software or web service. Most likely, there will be a brief summary of the particular software and web service.
About one month ago, I introduced ‘Companion Guides’ which are aim to help you understand certain parts of technology and computing. I have had a huge success with that and have received many emails telling me how useful it was.
Here is a Companion Guide about Internet Security
- Security Guide Series: Intro – The risks and dangers
- Security Guide Series: How to protect your PC
- Security Suite Comparison
- Extra Protection and Freebies
Also, you may wish to email suggestions and topics on what I should written about.