Posts filed under ‘web browser’
Question: How do I empty the cache in Safari 3?
Answer: You can empty the cache and temp files in Safari 3 by doing the following:
1) Open Safari
2) In the menu bar, click on ‘Edit‘ and in the drop down menu, click on ‘Empty Cache‘
3) In the pop up dialog, click ‘Empty‘.
Or you can press ‘Ctrl + Alt + E‘
I have created a new toolbar for Tech Help Videos. The toolbar works for both Firefox and Internet Explorer Version 5+. You will be required to have Windows 2000 or XP or Vista.
The toolbar features:
- Search function powered by Google
- RSS Feed Updates
- Email Notifier
- Weather Updates
- Links to ‘Tech Help Videos’ and ‘Tech Centre’
- Messaging feature
- Customizable Widgets
This toolbar will allow you to get the latest tips and tricks from Tech Help Videos, received secret messages and tips, received email notifications, weather reports and forecast, quick access your favourite technology help website – Tech Help Videos! and customize your toolbar with widgets of your choice.
I would appreciate some feedback on this toolbar for version 1.1.
Question: How do I open a website without typing the www. and .com
Solution: You can avoid typing ‘www’ and ‘com’ by doing the following:
Type the URL of the website with out www. and .com in the address bar. Then press ‘Ctrl+Enter‘. You web browser will automatically add www. and .com for you!
NOTE: But remember, you have to use either Internet Explorer 7 or Mozilla Firefox 2.0 +
Question: Can I download more than one file/multiple files at a time?
Answer: Yes, you can download more than one file at a time. What you will have is two pop-up download status windows at once. But please remember that if you have a slow internet connection, the connection speed will be reduced. You can download multiple files at a time in both Firefox and Internet Explorer. I am positive that you can also do this in Opera and Safari 3.
Answer: You can manage your Internet Explorer 7 add-ons by doing the following:
1) Open Internet Explorer and click on the ‘Tools‘ button.
2) In the drop-down menu, click ‘Manage Add-ons‘, and then click ‘Enable or Disable Add-ons‘.
3) In the pop-up windows, select one of the following options:
• To display a complete list of the add-ons that are installed on your computer, click ‘Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer‘ in the drop down menu.
• To display only those add-ons that were needed for the current web page or a recently viewed web page, click ‘Add-ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer‘ in the drop down menu.
• To display add-ons that were pre-approved by Microsoft, your computer manufacturer, or a service provider, click ‘Add-ons that run without requiring permission‘ in the drop down menu.
4) Click the add-on that you want to change once and select what you want to do in the Settings area. Then click ‘OK‘.
Creating folders to categorize your quick links can be very helpful. In a previous article, I mentioned how helpful quick links and how you can create them. (Read this article) But if you have a lot of links, then you you will have a hard time finding them. Therefore, it would be a good idea to categorize those links into folders.
To make folders in the Links Toolbar, please do the following:
Firefox – Right-click on the Links Toolbar and click on ‘New Folder’. Then, type in the folder’s name int he little pop-up window. Now you can drag and drop the links you want in each folder.
Internet Explorer 7 – Click on the Add Favourites star In the drop-down menu, click on ‘Organize Favourites’. In the small pop-up window, right-click on the ‘Links’ folder and click on ‘Create New Folder’, then name the folder and drag links and add favourites to the folder.
Answer: You can uninstall an add-on in Firefox by doing the following:
1) Click on ‘Tools‘ located in the top menu bar of Firefox.
2) In the drop-down menu, click ‘Add-on‘.
3) In the small pop-up window, click on the add-on on you want to uninstall and then click on the ‘Uninstall‘ button.
Note: You will need to restart Firefox to complete the process. (if you just want to pause/stop the add-on for a while, please click on ‘Disable‘ rather than ‘Uninstall’.